21 Rubislaw Terrace has been home to a thriving practice since 1947. It was first established by Mr Willy Whent, who was later joined by his eventual partner, Mr Lindsay. In 1963, Mr Barclay came on board and worked at the practice until he retired. During this time, there was an on-site dental laboratory in what is now our Practice Manager’s office. It is hard to believe there was once a trio of dental technicians (or mechanics, as they were called then) working in such a small space!
Mr Donald McIntosh purchased the practice from Mr Barclay in 1994 and then carried out major renovations to create an additional surgery. This extra room meant our Practice Principal, Mr Bonsor, was able to join in 1996, becoming a partner in 2000, and working alongside Mr McIntosh until his retirement at the end of 2014. Many of our long-standing patients fondly remember the former dentists and can recount stories about the practice and its transformation over the years.